Sketchbook to Pattern - Jazz Hands - Andrea Lauren

Finished up this Jazz themed pattern for this week's Spoonflower contest, but also because the theme an excellent addition to the music themed patterns currently in my collection.  I went with a fairly loose style which, as usual, always begin as ink drawings.  I've been fortunate to study jazz and jazz history from some great semi-retired performers who were active during the golden era of this uniquely American art-form.  Enjoy this well known live version of "So What" from Kind of Blue.  This was filmed one month after the recording of the album.

2 comments:

  1. Love your pattern! Good luck with the contest:)

    Also, that was the perfect getting started song for me this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! Great performance, right?! I ended up listening to the album yesterday after finding this video. Timeless, genius music making.

      Delete