Block Printing Stamps by Andrea Lauren

Here is the second set of hand-carved blocks which I have been working on the last couple of weeks.  It is always fun to experiment with rainbow roll ink gradients, ghost printing, and repeating the design element in different arrangements.  Since I use these designs in the digital medium, I typically print these at least two times; once in fun color version and once in solid black for scanning.  Follow me on instagram for these process shots as they are completed.




3 comments:

  1. I love colors. Amazing effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ewa! It can be difficult to resist printing these gradient 'rainbow roll' effects for every design; they are too much fun!

      Delete
  2. Hi Andrea
    very very good job.
    Please what rubber you use? and what carving tools? are very expensive?

    ReplyDelete