Robin's Nest block print in three colors by Andrea Lauren

Being a self-employed creative professional, it is crucial to stay intrinsically motivated. I have personally found that developing many side projects, learning new artistic skills, and finding creative outlets for my imagination to wander have been extremely beneficial to my happiness in this freelance career.  At the start of each month, or in between large commissions, sitting down to brainstorm some ideas and concepts for personal art making has been a great key to staying organized and motivated.  My Instagram account @inkprintrepeat is the place where I am sharing this journey of making art by hand as well as connecting with traditional techniques for making images--linocut, stamping, block printing. 
Here is a three color, hand carved block print design from a recent birds series. The spot color blocks were small shapes which were registered using the acetate sheet method and a simple jig. The print was hand rubbed onto mulberry washi paper using water-based block printing inks. 




5 comments:

  1. Oh my, this is so beautiful Lauren. It amazes me that you made it with your own hands. (not that I should be amazed, given your mad talents!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LouLou! This one was a lot of fun to design, carve, and print! Really appreciate your kind comment. xoxo

      Delete
  2. ... oops, I mean Andrea. Sorry about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Andrea, just wanted to let you know the prints arrived and they are just gorgeous!! I wanted to share them on Instagram immediately upon opening but they are for my mom and she follows me so will have to wait until Christmas ;) Thanks again, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for letting me know, Leslie! So glad to hear that they arrived quickly! All the best - Andrea

      Delete